Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What We Wear Wednesday: City of Angels


Even though I've been back for over a week now, I'm still dreaming about Los Angeles where I had the privilege to spend some time with some great people. Going through my pictures and reminiscing about the great fun times I've had there already make me want to go back. I have to say, I think I was a Californian girl in a past life. It's really like Katy Perry keeps on telling us. Our plane hit the ground floor and I was already in love. No, cross that, I was already in love glimpsing through the window of the plane and looking down to the city.


These pictures were shot at Venice Beach, in my noble opinion one of the greatest places on earth! The vibrant atmosphere and the whole laisser faire, laisser passer feel made this for me a very special experience. It was the first time in like ever I felt completely at home and had this overwhelming "I have to live here!"-urge. It has a beach, it has cute little shops, it has all kinds of interesting people, it has life music played by street musicians, it has palm trees (!), it has a bowl to skate. And in my book, that's all you need! What I found particularly appealing was the idea I got from the place that everything does not have to look or be perfect to be wildly attractive and stimulating. That a few rough edges really can complete something, someone or someplace. A great plus, considering that LA is not exactly known for its lack of perfection (I'm thinking about the Hollywood Hills and stuff). If that makes any sense at all to you guys. 



I'm wearing a lot of my standard go to's together here. My ripped denim shorts, my old Vans (bought new ones in LA, yay!), my bandana/scarf to keep my hair in place, my denim short sleeved vest and my cowboy/Indian shredded bag (definitely falling to pieces, but I can't say goodbye to it). I guess go to's are really my go to when going on a holiday (go go go). That way I can be sure I'll love everything I'll wear and not have any wardrobe crises. That's actually pretty good advice for all you crisis packing girls or boys out there. I aim to please! 

PS: Forgive my paleness, I might have been a Californian girl in a past life, I definitely reincarnated as the modern version of Snow White.

PS2: Picture OVERLOAD, I know! 

PS3: Thanks to Mary, Jeroen & Allan, who I stole some pictures from. 

Bandana, shorts, necklace: old school - Sunglasses: Vans & Venice Beach market - Short sleeved vest: New Look - Shirt, bag: H&M - Shoes: Vans 







4 comments:

  1. Wat een geniaal hemd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je! Heb het wel wat moeten customizen, het was langs achter zo superlang en ik vond dat bij nader inzien toch niet wat ik zocht ;)

      Delete
  2. Ik wil ook zo graag eens naar California! Leuke look ;)
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!

LinkedWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...