Sunday, July 8, 2012

What We Wear Sunday: Rock Werchter Outfit

So, as promised, here is my What We Wear Wednesday with a 'slight' delay. I guess I could come up with a bunch of excuses to justify why I haven't posted this on an actual Wednesday. But no, I will not.  I decided to show you guys what I was wearing to Rock Werchter. I wore the same outfit twice because I loved it and because I thought it was, for me although, a perfect festival outfit! 

I bought the skirt two years ago at H&M. I didn't wear it much back in the days, but nowadays I totally rediscovered it. I love love love the pastel flower pattern. And pastels weren't even a big hit two years ago. I remember seeing it hanging there and it reminded me of 'old things' and summer holidays spent at my grandmothers. Talking 'bout reminiscing, right! So I bought it. And although I don't usually wear such short skirts (big knee complex), I do think this one flatters me. It's short, but flowy, and it makes my legs look longer.

The top is a DIY project Karolien and I did a couple of weeks ago. You can read all about it HERE. It's a regular white top, made less regular by dip and dyeing it! I know, it's tucked in my skirt so it's not very visible. But you get the idea. I thought the pink went perfectly with the flowery pastel pattern of my skirt. Also, these light colors and fabrics were perfect for the blistering heat we had to hammer!

I must admit that I didnt' make the perfect choice of shoes. I just chose flats and pink and peeptoes, because I love peeptoes. But H&M ballerinas just aren't made for walking around in all day. Or at least not at a festival where you had to park your car on a 45 minute walk from the festival terrain. Yes, 45 minutes! Seemed like forever! But it did save us the parking fee you otherwise would have to pay. The result: blisters on my heels! So the second festival day I decided to wear my H&M minty sneakers, but the damage had already been done. Auwtch!

Have any of you been to Rock Werchter? What did you wear to defeat the heat? Let us know in the comment section below so we can have a nice chat and we can gasp about all the pretty things you guys were wearing.

Top, skirt, flats: H&M (dip&dye DIY) - Belt: Veritas










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

LinkedWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...